Bob Dylan: Nobel Prize for the Literature " His song is poetry"

Today I will introduce you one of the most influential figures in the music of the last century.



Robert Allen Zimmerman  known as Bob Dylan (Duluth, Minnesota, 24 May 1941), is one of the most important singer songwriters and composers of the second halves the Nine hundred American.Also writer and poet, actor, painter, sculptor, Dylan is without doubt one of the most important figures of the pop folk and the culture of mass of the last fifty years.

The academy of Sweden in 2016 has conferred to Bob Dylan the Nobel prize for the literature. "to have created", as the motivation says, "new poetic expressions inside the great tradition of the American song."
For the influence that its songs and compositions have had all over the world; Bob Dylan has from the beginnings of the years Sixty servant, in words and music, a boundless universe, that has pervaded the globe.




The song with which he has won the Nobel Prize is entitled : "A Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall."
He said: "I wrote that song during  the crisis of the missiles to Cuba. I was at night in Bleecher Street together with other people and we were worried  if the end of the world was next. Would we ever have seen the dawn of the following day? It was a song of desperation... What could we do? How could we check the people that wanted to destroy us? The words came out me in hurry, very in hurry...It was a song of terror; sentence after sentence after sentence trying to capture the emotions given me by the feeling of the nothing.
Song written during the summer of 1963, the structure of the text is based on the traditional ballad Lord Randal. In this song the author affirms that he doesn't want only to allude to the nuclear war but above all to as now the world is poisoned and evil.



Text:

Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son?

Oh, where have you been, my darling young one?

I’ve stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains

I’ve walked and I’ve crawled on six crooked highways

I’ve stepped in the middle of seven sad forests

I’ve been out in front of a dozen dead oceans

I’ve been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard

And it’s a hard, and it’s a hard, it’s a hard, and it’s a hard

And it’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall



Oh, what did you see, my blue-eyed son?

Oh, what did you see, my darling young one?

I saw a newborn baby with wild wolves all around it

I saw a highway of diamonds with nobody on it

I saw a black branch with blood that kept drippin’

I saw a room full of men with their hammers a-bleedin’

I saw a white ladder all covered with water

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken

I saw guns and sharp swords in the hands of young children

And it’s a hard, and it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard

And it’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall



And what did you hear, my blue-eyed son?

And what did you hear, my darling young one?

I heard the sound of a thunder, it roared out a warnin’

Heard the roar of a wave that could drown the whole world

Heard one hundred drummers whose hands were a-blazin’

Heard ten thousand whisperin’ and nobody listenin’

Heard one person starve, I heard many people laughin’

Heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter

Heard the sound of a clown who cried in the alley

And it’s a hard, and it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard

And it’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall



Oh, who did you meet, my blue-eyed son?

Who did you meet, my darling young one?

I met a young child beside a dead pony

I met a white man who walked a black dog

I met a young woman whose body was burning

I met a young girl, she gave me a rainbow

I met one man who was wounded in love

I met another man who was wounded with hatred

And it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard

It’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall



Oh, what’ll you do now, my blue-eyed son?

Oh, what’ll you do now, my darling young one?

I’m a-goin’ back out ’fore the rain starts a-fallin’

I’ll walk to the depths of the deepest black forest

Where the people are many and their hands are all empty

Where the pellets of poison are flooding their waters

Where the home in the valley meets the damp dirty prison

Where the executioner’s face is always well hidden

Where hunger is ugly, where souls are forgotten

Where black is the color, where none is the number

And I’ll tell it and think it and speak it and breathe it

And reflect it from the mountain so all souls can see it

Then I’ll stand on the ocean until I start sinkin’

But I’ll know my song well before I start singin’

And it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard

It’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall.


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Federico García Lorca: interprete della tradizione musicale spagnola

La piccola Londra sul mare: Brighton